arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Remote Arx Archive on a HTTP free host

From: Alessandro Bottoni
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Remote Arx Archive on a HTTP free host
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:38:02 +0200

Walter Landry ha scritto:
 >   # Your file names, and images need to be HTML compliant. That means
>     no spaces within their names, and no non-alphanumeric characters.
>
> This is a problem because ArX uses filenames and directories with
> commas "," to start the name.  This will be fixed in the next version
> of ArX.
>
>   # You can't create subdirectories (folders) from FTP, that needs to
>     be done from the File Manager within your Tripod account
>
> This is a more serious problem, and I do not know of a simple
> workaround.  With this restriction, you are basically out of luck.  I
> don't think any of the distributed systems will work with this
> restriction.  Sorry.

OK, no problem. I will use my old desktop PC as a dedicated arx
"server". It will not be what I dreamed but it will work.

BTW: I like Arx very much. Beside this, I read your message about the
future of arx
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/arx-users/2005-12/msg00010.html)
and I think it will be very cool. I hope to see it very soon.

Many thanks for your help and many thanks for this fine piece of software.

Alessandro Bottoni