arx-users

[Arx-users] Remote Arx Archive on a HTTP free host

From: Alessandro Bottoni
Subject: [Arx-users] Remote Arx Archive on a HTTP free host
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:24:55 +0200

Hi Arx-ivers,
I'm trying Arx 2.2.4 for the first time in my life. I have got it
running fine  on my Mandriva 2006 and I created a local archive. That
was easy and pleasant.

Now, I would like to create a new remote archive (a archive, not a
mirror) using the free web space supplied by Tripod.

I created the Tripod web space and I'm able to access it via FTP.

I tried to make a archive with a few different Arx command lines, like
the following:

address@hidden ~]$ arx make-archive
address@hidden address@hidden
ftp://ftp.tripod.com//arx_archive

ftp://alexbottoni:address@hidden//arx_archive

address@hidden ~]$ arx make-archive
address@hidden
ftp://address@hidden//arx_archive

I was unable to create the remote archive. I have just got a couple of
error messages like the followings:

address@hidden ~]$ arx make-archive
address@hidden
ftp://alexbottoni:address@hidden//arx_archive
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0xb7c2c8b8 ***
Aborted

address@hidden ~]$ arx make-archive
address@hidden address@hidden
ftp://ftp.tripod.com//arx_archive
ERROR: Too many arguments.  Extra args are:
ftp://ftp.tripod.com//arx_archive
usage: make-archive [options] name directory
try --help

Of course I read both the docu at:

http://arx.adamantix.org/ArX-2.2.4/docs/ArX.html#htoc18

and the list archive. See this message.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/arx-users/2005-07/msg00038.html

I checked also the URI description at W3c and a few URI tutorials:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

http://www.gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rfc/rfc3986.html#userinfo

Can anybody help me to get a working remote archive on a free remote
HTTP server (accessed via FTP for file upload)?

Maybe, it is just matter to put the following parameters in the right
order when I build the URI:

Username: alexbottoni
Password: mypasswd (fake, of course)
FTP server: ftp.tripod.com
HTTP server: alexbottoni.tripod.com
Arx archive: address@hidden
Archive directory on the FTP server: arx_archive

Can anybody help me to create the right arx command line out of these
parameters?

Many thanks in advance for your attention

Alessandro Bottoni