ant-phone-devel

[Ant-phone-devel] Problem with socket in non local home dir

From: Felix Koop
Subject: [Ant-phone-devel] Problem with socket in non local home dir
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:35:33 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to use ant on Linux systems. Unfortunately my users have
their home directories in an AFS file system, that does not permit the
creation of sockets. I suspect that the problem is the same for all
non-local home directories (like NFS, SMB, etc). I provided a patch that
creates the socket in /var/run instead, but that patch was seen as
unappropriate. How do other users handle that problem? Or am I the only
one to use ant with non-local home dirs?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Felix Koop