ant-phone-devel

[Ant-phone-devel] Re: [Bluez-users] Telephony with BT headset?

From: Matthias Thomae
Subject: [Ant-phone-devel] Re: [Bluez-users] Telephony with BT headset?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:14:07 +0100

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
I have a BT headset lying around which came with my mobile
phone. However, I don't use it with my mobile, so the idea
crossed my mind that it could be possible to use the
headset with my linux server to make phone calls using
the ISDN system.

I'm quite sure that this _is_ possible, as I can receive
and send an audio stream via ISDN4Linux, and the same
applies (more or less) to the headset via BlueZ.

There is a telephone application http://www.antcom.de/ant-phone/ which I
have tried with a cable headset.

has anyone tried this application with the capidrv? For example with a
AVM B1. I own one, but mine is build into the wrong machine for such
tests and I need it there. I run some tests with a BlueFRITZ! AP-ISDN
and call management stuff seems to work, but I don't hear anything on my
soundcard.

In my setup, I used capidrv and a BlueZ cmtp connection to a BlueFritz! AP-X (and a cable-headset), and it worked although I got large latencies. Also see my post(s) at the ant-phone mailing list:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/ant-phone-devel/2003-11/msg00002.html

Is there anyone who will spend some time in adding native CAPI support
to this application?

I guess Roland has to be asked this :) I cross-post this to his mailing list as well.

Regards.
Matthias