aeskulap-devel

Re: [Aeskulap-devel] suggestions

From: Mitchell Laks
Subject: Re: [Aeskulap-devel] suggestions
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:14:06 -0400

On Monday 10 April 2006 08:31, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> > Yes. The functionality is currently limited. I need input from the
> > community to add new features and improve functionality.
> > Why is the "Pan" function limited ?
>
> It does not allow to move the image completely around the window in 2d. It
> seems to be constrained.... It allows to move the image "up and down" a
> very_ little_ bit_ and nothing more :)
>
> You need to be able to use the pan to move any  feature anywhere in the
> image to the center of the  screen - to use in conjunction with zoom.
>
> Also scroll is  not a "second level" activity and so should  not use
> ctl-right button. More appropriate might be
> left button press drag - scroll and
> right button press drag - window level
> ctl - left button drag (or alt)- accelerated scroll - (i routinely have
> studies with 1000's of images to read :( and I need to get to a level of
> interest quickly for review.)
>
> Better yet - make it configurable by user :).

Rotate (arbitrary angles!) and Flip are important too.
Arbitrary rotation angle is very useful when patients are at lying at funny
angles in the CT scan gantry and we need to compare two studies.

(Thats why people use OpenGL, it is easy to implement all of these
functionalities without reinventing the wheel).

I agree that it can be nice to have work done over network, but less important
for a workstation whichwill have lots of ram and fast graphics card optimized
for OpenGL by Nvidia or ATI.

Work with the standards of the entire universe, dont reinvent the wheel.
Gamers don't use private graphics approaches. You want your workstation
optimized for fast image display, don't be stuck on prior work you did.

Need to be able to display two studies in parallel and to synchronize them by
patient position.

Need to reorder the slices sometimes - by location by time (contrast enhanced
studies). Need to split subseries into sparate series.

etc.