xbubble-users

[Xbubble-users] xbubble 0.5.1

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Xbubble-users] xbubble 0.5.1
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:13:14 +0200

Hello,

A new version is out. The main difference is that the epita dream team did
help me to sort out the bug I had in the way. So, version 0.5.1 presents a
big (big big) performance improvement by caching the result of the function
target_cell().

Instead of redoing the maths to see where the ball just launched will stick,
we do a lot of math at the begining of the game, to compute all possible
trajectories, and then, we get the sticking position by looking into the
cache.

It was the main showstopper on the way of thinking about a network version.
Note that we can now /think/ about it. We still need to figure how to
separate the interface from the core of the game.

More little problems about visual effects and so on were fixed. See the
changelog for more details.

Thanks, Mt.

--
I don't care whichever programming language we choose, as long as it's C.