xbubble-users

[Xbubble-users] xbubble 0.4

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Xbubble-users] xbubble 0.4
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:17:26 +0200

Hello,

I just tagged the 0.4 version in the CVS, and uploaded the tarball to the
ftp server (http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/xbubble/).

Here are the Changelog entries since 0.3:
2003-05-05  Martin Quinson  <address@hidden>

        Version 0.4
        * Search the color of the next ball between the already existing
          ones only in single player mode
        * Do animate the malus ball until they reach their destination even
          if the game is lost.
        * Update french translation.

2003-05-05  Arnaud Legrand <address@hidden>

        * Enhance the themming mecanism.
        * Add a frozen-bubble theme.
        * Add a config file in each theme change some settings
          (see data/themes/README)
        * A game is in 5 won match, with at least 2 points of difference.
        * Font color is almost configurable

2003-05-01  Ivan <address@hidden>

        * Fix the blackhole bug, which was:
            If there is a ball on the very left (resp. very right) position
            of the second line of the board from the bottom, the collision
            with the new ball won't be detected. The launched ball takes the
            place of the previously placed one. The old one is still
            displayed, but don't exist anymore for the game.

2003-04-21  Arnaud Legrand <address@hidden>

        * Create a real themming mecanism.
        * Create a new theme from the gfx of the puzzle game. Thanks to
          Jeremie Detrey for those graphics.
        * Make the fancy theme the default one.

2003-04-21  Martin Quinson  <address@hidden>

        * Add a small effect to the falling balls so that they seem to jump
          in a random direction
        * In 2 players mode, player 1 is on the right when choosing handicap
          and when reporting scores
        * Pretend the balls are only 80% of their real size to relax the
          colision detection and ease the game.
        * Malus balls comes from downside and stick on existing balls. Ie,
          they take the bottom-most position on the choosen column.
          Previous behaviour is still possible in the code, but you have to
          recompile the game to change the ruleset.
        * Malus balls only come after you fired. It ease the game, and must
          be for the (far away) upcoming network game.

Another good news is that we are now 4 to work on xbubble: I convinced two
friends to hack with me. "Plus on est de fous, plus on rit".

There is still some glinchs to fix here and there, and then, we may begin to
work on a networked version. But don't expect it for tomorow, we may also
work further for our PhD thesis, who knows? :)

Have fun, Mt.