xboard-devel

Re: RE[2]: xboard : classical chess: graphics assets : donation : prefer

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: RE[2]: xboard : classical chess: graphics assets : donation : preferred/desirable license?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 23:25:31 -0800

I didn't see your messages until today as I don't check my chess folder often. Thanks for your offer.

My quick summary of the recommendations at https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-recommendations.html (see heading "Other data for programs") is that it is fine to use "GPLv3 or later" as the license for your graphics, as that's the license xboard is using.

Alternatively, if you prefer to use some other license, there are other possible choices, and the page gives more details about that.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 9:09 PM mayuresh@kathe.in <mayuresh@kathe.in> wrote:
It's now more than 2 days since my first mail regarding this topic to this mailing list and I'm yet to receive a relevant response.