xbindkeys-devel

[Xbindkeys-devel] Trigger action when F12 pressed, while logout

From: Goran
Subject: [Xbindkeys-devel] Trigger action when F12 pressed, while logout
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 00:55:12 +0200

Hi all,

can I get my Linux-box to execute a program when F12 is pressed and
while no one is logged in?

I have a little backup-server which shall eject a drive with a simple
USB-button. This button is emulating a simple keyboard.

So this button is for now F-12 (but can be mapped to any other key or
key-combo). The soho-server has no monitor or standard keyboard, the
users shall get a simple one-button server.

If F12 is pressed, even as no one is logged in, that shall execute a
script. Can I archieve with xbindkeys that? I saw no global
configuration, just local ones.

Regards
Goran