wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] wxRuby -- A QuicK Status

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] wxRuby -- A QuicK Status
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 06:48:51 -0700

SWIGing wxWindows is going to require interface files after all. SWIG is just not up to the task of parsing the complex conditional header files use by a large multi-platform library like wxWindows. So, the best approach is going to be to take the wxPython port done by Park and test and debug it on all of the platforms in which we are interested,

I think the only reasonable way to do this is to create a test harness and a repeatable, automated test suite. I know that creating automated tests for GUIs is a challenge, but I think it is the right approach.

However, I am going to put work on wxRuby on hold until after the Ruby conference, because between now and then I am going to be working on documentation for FreeRIDE.

Curt