www-zh-cn-translators

Re: [Chinese-translators] Translations of licenses' titles

From: Yale Wu
Subject: Re: [Chinese-translators] Translations of licenses' titles
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:51:52 -0500

hi,

Nice to see there are still some guys alive in this mail-list. :)

I have just finished all the translations including not only you mentioned
before(GPL,LGPL,FDL),
but all the licenses that have been approved by OSI. (See
http://opensource.org/licenses/)
The initiative of doing this is my tutor's project proposed by Department of
China Science&Technology.
I am sorry that these are just raw and will be discussed by professions and
lawyers so that
I cannot provide all of them on website as electronical documents, just to
avoid misleading someone.
But I'd like to discuss all these things. Here is my opinion:

I translate "The GNU Lesser General Public License" into "GNU次公共许可证",
But in fact it is involved in GNU library, so some one would like to say it
"GNU库公共许可证”.
I prefer the first translation "GNU次公共许可证", not for verbatim reason,
but because LGPL really has lesser limitation than GPL.

Best Regards

Yale Wu