www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public

[Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] For beginners

From: aiswarya
Subject: [Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] For beginners
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 21:54:47 +0200

Hello all,

This thread is to give instructions for beginners.

First, please go through https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/www-ml/. Don't worry
if you are
confused a bit.

Then read
https://www.gnu.org/software/trans-coord/manual/web-trans/html_node/PO-Editors.html#PO-Editors

I am using Lokalize for translations. So if you have questions about
that I can answer fast, if you are choosing other editors I may need
more time to answer.

So after you successfully installed a po-editor, I would suggest you to
go through https://www.gnu.org/software/gnun/reports/report-ml.html. And
download an incomplete file from there and try to update the remaining
strings after opening the file with the po-editor.

Or if you don't want to start directly with translation, please let me
know, I will send you the recent translation I did for review.

In both cases, don't forget to let me know which task you have chosen.

After two or three tasks if you feel comfortable and if you think you
want to be a member of the team, I will add you as a member in the
Savannah platform.

Happy hacking!

Regards,

Aiƛwarya