www-he-translating

[Targnum-translating] all you ever wanted to know about TarGNUm

From: the duke
Subject: [Targnum-translating] all you ever wanted to know about TarGNUm
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:13:22 -0500

Hi Elad,

Following your mail to me and your mail to Dov, attached is a tar.gz file with
all the TarGNUm updates, so you'll get the general path of the team revival
(for the history lovers among us).
I send it also to the savannah targnum translation mailing list, so it will be
kept in it's archives.

As to your question about Rafram, in some point he just realized he doesn't
have the needed spare time to coordinate the team, so he passed it on to me.
This allowed the team to finally move out of it's long lasting comma, back into
action. Rafram is still in the team, just not coordinating, and he sent me all
the documents he had, and gave some useful info about what should be done.

as to documents, /philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html is probably really
your document. I will update the bottom of the page (do you prefer it to say
"Elad", "ezam",  full name or any other nickname?).
/software/reliability.html on the other hand, was one of the "stuck" documents,
as Rafram didn't have a copy of it, so I made a retranslation of it. since you
also translated it, it seems best that you'll send me your copy, and a third
person who will edit it will use both translation to produce a final version.
this should be further discussed on the targnum-editing list.

As to your question to Dov about support from GNU.org and further info about
the team, Dov is our person in the GNU.org lists, and he takes care of
contacting the GNU people. I take care of general team coordination, and make
sure things keep moving (and in the right direction :) ).
Basically Me and Dov serve as Backups for each other to create a fail-safe
administration for the team, so basically I'm the address for any suggestions,
complaints or anything else, but almost always my administrative mails will be
CC'd to Dov. and vice versa.

In case you need (or want) any further information, let me know, that's what
I'm here for.

salut!
   the duke