www-de-discuss

Re: [www-de-discuss] education/edu-software-tuxpaint.html

From: joeko
Subject: Re: [www-de-discuss] education/edu-software-tuxpaint.html
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:12:34 +0100

Hello again, Dora!
> 1. Do you know the Latin (or Italian) name of the Appooppan Thaady flower?
> At the time when I was preparing the page I asked people at the
> school, and they said "appooppan thaady" means "old man" (from Latin
> "pappus"), and they use this informal name because it resembles an old
> man's white beard. It is not really a flower but the _seed_ of a
> flower or plant. The seed has white filaments so that it is carried
> away by the wind for dissemination and children like to play with
> them. They look like this:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/gopangnair/5467862399/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/parakkunnel/5217583988/
>
> My suggestion is that you don't translate it, and perhaps use
> italics, like <em>Appooppan Thaady</em>.
We had already found this information before, too. However, were unsure.
Thanks.

+ similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taraxacum
+ in German called colloquial "Pusteblume"; aka "Löwenzahn" (Dandelion)

[Thus one can imagine something among them. This is education...]
>> 3. In 'Credits' there are licensing infos; the translator has translated
>> this heading in German 'licensing'!
>> - <h4>Credits</h4>
>> + <h3  id="license">Licensing</h3>      # boilerplate
>> or
>> + <h4  id="license">Licensing</h4>      #
> "Credits" should not be confused with licensing; it should be
> translated as "Credits", not "Licensing".
>
> Under "Credits", we are just mentioning the authors of those works
> (the pictures and the audio files). The reason why we need to mention
> them is because the authors have licensed their work under CC-*BY*-SA.
> In other words, we are saying that *the authors*, _not us_, have
> released *their work* under CC-BY-SA. This is because our readers need
> to know who they have to give credit in case they want to use those works.
>
> Please ask me if you still have doubts about this.
*In German*, the term "licensing" is more appropriate because no
acknowledgments are given (no notes of thanks are mentioned).
-- Everything is ok.

Sincerely
Joerg