wget-dev

wget2 | --domains (-D) doesn't restrict domains for --span-hosts (-H) un

From: B.I. (@tkzv)
Subject: wget2 | --domains (-D) doesn't restrict domains for --span-hosts (-H) unlike wget (#657)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 04:32:15 +0000

B_I_ created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/657

In old wget the combination of `--page-requisites`, `--domains` and
`--span-hosts` limits the downloads to the listed domains. wget2 does not seem
to obey this restriction.

For example, I want to mirror the site example.com, and I also want to download
pictures it keeps at wp.com. For old wget the following command worked:

```
wget -m -p -E -K -k -H https://example.com -D example.com,wp.com
```

but wget2 starts downloading all other sites example.com links to. Eventually
it reaches \~120000 pending links and crashes.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/657