wget-dev

Compiling https://gnuwget.gitlab.io/wget2/wget2-latest.tar.gz into a loc

From: Ant
Subject: Compiling https://gnuwget.gitlab.io/wget2/wget2-latest.tar.gz into a local path/dir to run?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 22:54:48 -0800

Hello,

In my updated 64-bit Debian bullseye OS, I followed
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2's instructions on downloading and
building from https://gnuwget.gitlab.io/wget2/wget2-latest.tar.gz.
However, I didn't want to use its "sudo make install" since I didn't
want to install to clean Debian globally. I just wanted to keep it local
in my account. I moved my ~/Downloads/wget2-2.0.1/src/wget2 into ~/bin/,
and tried to run wget2 but it gave me this error:

./wget2: error: '/home/ant/bin/.libs/wget2' does not exist

It seems to depend on other files. How can I compile and run for my local
account only?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an
answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.