wget-dev

Re: wget2 | any plans for http/3 ? (#625)

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | any plans for http/3 ? (#625)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 14:56:42 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

Thanks for links !

That benchmarks mostly mesasures TLS1.3 0-RTT vs TLS1.2 1-RTT. That makes a
huge difference.
I wonder why the author didn't use 0-RTT with HTTP/2 to have a fair comparison
:shrug_tone1:

I'd like to share a Cloudflare blog post about 0-RTT from 2017:
https://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-0-rtt/

Anyway, I possibly won't add HTTP/3 myself (no enough time), but would welcome
and review any patches.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/625#note_1309247190