wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Draft: WIP: Add c-ares support for quickly fill DNS cache in

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | Draft: WIP: Add c-ares support for quickly fill DNS cache in background (!444)
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 11:24:00 +0000

Tim Rühsen started a new discussion on libwget/async_dns.c:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/444#note_1014129858

> +#include <netdb.h>
> +#include <stdarg.h>
> +#include <string.h>
> +#include <ctype.h>
> +#include <unistd.h>
> +
> +#include <wget.h>
> +#include "private.h"
> +
> +#define SERVERS    "1.0.0.1,8.8.8.8" /* DNS server to use (Cloudflare &
> Google) */
> +
> +#define MAXWAITING 200 // Max. number of parallel DNS queries (default value)
> +#define TIMEOUT 2000 // Max. number of ms for first try (default value)
> +#define MAXTRIES 3 // Max. number of tries per domain (default value)
> +
> +//TODO: Check that wget2 compiles if c-ares is not installed

TODO comments are easily forgotten.

Better is to make a todo list in the MR description. We can then decide whether
it makes sense to create separate issues for them and whether it makes sense to
include them into this MR or a follow-up MR. The shorter and focused the MR is,
the faster we can step forward to merge it.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/444#note_1014129858