wget-dev

Re: wget | wget should save directory listings as index.html (#11)

From: Yaroslav Nikitenko (@ynikitenko)
Subject: Re: wget | wget should save directory listings as index.html (#11)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 11:04:36 +0000

Yaroslav Nikitenko commented:

I also found another downside: some directories don't need to have human access
(like *static* or *media*), and won't need any index page. However, this is
negligible for me (such indices won't harm and could be deleted manually).

[My solution](https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/703786/89346) to the original
issue is to get a list of directories manually and run `wget` for each of them
(which is much more cumbersome than the problem with *static/index.html* above).

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget/-/issues/11#note_959529409