wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Can't connect to HTTPS host using proxy with http:// url sch

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | Can't connect to HTTPS host using proxy with http:// url scheme (#217)
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 18:53:28 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

Hey @rootkea :-)
Just looking at this (you cross-linked from a different issue).
Indeed should HTTP and HTTPS both go through either a http proxy or a https
proxy.
The code in `libwget/http.c wget_http_open()` is wrong. But it seems the fix is
relatively easy.
One thing we should decide is: what happens when both http_proxies *and*
https_proxies is set ? We can either stop with a message (conflict blabla) or
prefer one of the two (I'd suggest to prefer https_proxies and document that).

WDYT ?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/217#note_863935633