wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Can't read duplicate URLs from STDIN (#587)

From: Sean Palmer (@sep332)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Can't read duplicate URLs from STDIN (#587)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 13:02:50 +0000

Sean Palmer commented:

I was confused because there's a comment here
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/blob/master/src/wget.c#L1497 that says the
same resource can be downloaded many times. I think it only makes sense to
avoid downloading when the URL was discovered during spidering, not when it's
passed explicitly. But I guess a CLI option would be more explicit than trying
to guess based on the scenario.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/587#note_856380554