wget-dev

Re: wget2 | ^C causes a Core dump (#573)

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | ^C causes a Core dump (#573)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 17:12:31 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

I don't remember the exact reason why I used abort() instead of exit().

Maybe it was due to exit() sometimes just doesn't work as expected. E.g. when
called from a signal handler with some libc implementations. I should have
documented this but :shrug:.

Ideally, the first ctrl-C should terminate wget2. But as every thread has it's
own memory buffers, they are just "informed" (with terminate=1) that they
should clean up and stop asap. But threads may hang for several reasons (e.g.
waiting for I/O timeout) - that's why there is a hard stop on the second ctrl-c.

Anyway, I had not issues locally with exit(), so let's try it. A commit that
replaces abort() with exit() on the second ctrl-c has been pushed to master.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/573#note_768854082