wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Implement HTTP/3 support using QUIC (#553)

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | Implement HTTP/3 support using QUIC (#553)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 18:11:21 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

Just try to get your example working and try to get a deep understanding of how
QUIC and TLS work together. E.g. my questions would be: can they be
disconnected ? If not, we just need a quic.c that handles both layers.

How do we know that a server (or connection) supports (or requests) transport
via QUIC ? Does the user decide (e.g. via command line option) or is there some
way of discovery ? For the latter we can then think of a persistent cache (e.g.
a file like `.wget-hsts`) in a second step.
Just found this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i4m7DbrWGgXafHxwl8SwIusY2ELUe8WX258xt2LFxPM/edit#!

Let's talk about the wget2 internals and how to integrate QUIC when you are
there.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/553#note_764121153