wget-dev

Re: wget2 | [Question] Packaging wget2 (#565)

From: Michal Ruprich (@mruprich)
Subject: Re: wget2 | [Question] Packaging wget2 (#565)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 11:46:10 +0000

Michal Ruprich commented:

Hi @darnir ,

I've tested the setup in Fedora copr with a couple of adjustments to see in
which files the errors occur. I simply removed the '>/dev/null' from
check-local in the Makefile. Now I can at least see where the check-local finds
these mistakes. Can you access builds here -
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mruprich/wget2/builds/ ?

This one is the one that succeeds but it requires a removal of the check-local
part from Makefile -
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mruprich/wget2/build/2884759/

This one is failing with a lot of syntax errors apparently -
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mruprich/wget2/build/2884917/ .

In each build, you can choose desired arch/release and under it, there is
build.log.gz. When you open it, the whole build process including flags etc. is
there. Unfortunately, the check-local always stops after the first error. I
used the 'local-checks-to-skip' in cfg.mk to skip failed tests and try again
and again but there are just too many so I stopped trying after a while and
just disabled the check-local completely.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/565#note_701387071