wget-dev

wget2 | --with-ssl=openssl does not work (#563)

From: Thomas Klausner (@_wiz_)
Subject: wget2 | --with-ssl=openssl does not work (#563)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 18:53:47 +0000

Thomas Klausner created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/563

Before I found "--with-openssl", which works for me, I tried the also
documented "--with-ssl=openssl".
However, this tries to link against "-lopenssl", but the it should use "-lssl"
instead.

Even with --with-openssl, this produces weird configure output:
```
checking for gnutls... no
checking for library containing gnutls_global_init... no
configure: WARNING: *** GNUTLS was not found. Fallback to libnettle for hashing
and checksumming.
checking for openssl... no
checking for library containing SSL_CTX_new... no
configure: WARNING: *** OpenSSL was not found.
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for openssl/x509_vfy.h... yes
checking for openssl/ocsp.h... yes

checking for SSL_new... no

checking for X509_STORE_add_lookup... no
checking for library containing EVP_MD_CTX_new... -lcrypto

```
but despite this WARNING, later it says:
```
  SSL/TLS support:    openssl

```

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/563