wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Adding wiki as submodule to git repo (!494)

From: jeffrey marius (@getjff)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Adding wiki as submodule to git repo (!494)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 05:04:30 +0000

jeffrey marius commented:

Issue #467 adding wiki as submodule. By this method, the wiki in the repo and
the gitlab wiki will be in sync but if gitlab goes down then the wiki submodule
will also become unaccessible.

This does not contain the Plugin wiki of Akash Agarwal as the wiki pages are
not forked when we fork the main project and so I am not able to make any
changes to wiki for this method.

I believe only maintainers can edit the wiki as of now. So if maintainers can
edit the wiki with Plugin of Akash Agarwal's repo then the fix would
automatically sync when user clones.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/494#note_634985110