wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Implement support for QUIC [question] (#553)

From: momoka0122y (@momoka0122y)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Implement support for QUIC [question] (#553)
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 17:42:58 +0000

momoka0122y commented:

> Does it make sense to have QUIC without having HTTP/3 ? (Can we transport
> HTTP/1.1 or HTTP/2 over QUIC ?). Or does it make sense to implement HTTP/3 -
> and for that we also need QUIC ?

I was using wrong terminology.  I want to implement HTTP/3 by using the QUIC
protocol. So I guess this issue should be renamed to "implementing support for
HTTP/3 using QUIC"

> Is the final HTTP/3 RFC out now ? I was hesitating at that time as the
> protocol was still in draft.

It seems that the 4 QUIC RFCs will be out in a few days.
https://www.rfc-editor.org/auth48/C430
The RFCs for HTTP/3 will be delayed but I'm assuming it will be out before we
start any actual work so I think it is safe to start.

I will dive in the curl implementation and wget2 code and make a plan. I hope
to write a design doc before the end of June. I am not a skilled programmer but
I'll ask questions and I hope to be able to contribute to this community.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/553#note_582588080