wget-dev

Is QUIC implemented into wget?

From: Momoka Yamamoto
Subject: Is QUIC implemented into wget?
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 21:55:00 +0900

Hi community,

I am Momoka Yamamoto, a Bachelor's student in Japan. I am very
interested in the QUIC protocol and was looking into how curl has
implemented support for QUIC into itself (in a beta version) using
ngtcp2. I have been wondering if wget has any plans of implementing
QUIC? If you have already implemented QUIC, I'm very sorry for the
misunderstanding, but no matter how much I searched, I couldn't find
any indication that you were trying to support QUIC, so I'd like to
know if you have any plans to do so.

If not I would like to implement support for QUIC into wget. I have
read through the mailing list concerning past GSoC especially
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/wget-dev/2019-04/msg00001.html)
and I understand that it was unreasonable to implement support for
QUIC in that time but I’m guessing now is a great time to start.

I don’t have a specific plan on how to start the implementation yet,
but I just wanted to reach out in advance to know that there is no
valid reason not to implement support for QUIC into wget at this time,
and I won’t be wasting my time on this project.

Thank you very much for the time spent on reading my email and I look
forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards, Momoka