wget-dev

wget2 | Implement support for QUIC [question] (#553)

From: momoka0122y (@momoka0122y)
Subject: wget2 | Implement support for QUIC [question] (#553)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 13:20:28 +0000

momoka0122y created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/553

Hi community, sorry for opening an issue to ask a question.

I am Momoka Yamamoto, a Bachelor's student in Japan. I am very interested in
the QUIC protocol and was looking into how curl has implemented support for
QUIC into itself (in a beta version) using ngtcp2. I have been wondering if
wget has any plans of implementing QUIC? If you have already implemented QUIC,
I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding, but no matter how much I searched, I
couldn't find any indication that you were trying to support QUIC, so I'd like
to know if you have any plans to do so.

If not I would like to implement support for QUIC into wget. I have read
through the mailing list concerning past GSoC especially
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/wget-dev/2019-04/msg00001.html) and I
understand that it was unreasonable to implement support for QUIC in that time
but I’m guessing now is a great time to start.

I don’t have a specific plan on how to start the implementation yet, but I just
wanted to reach out in advance to know that there is no valid reason not to
implement support for QUIC into wget at this time, and I won’t be wasting my
time on this project.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/553