wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Rustc implementation of components of wget2 if not all of it

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | Rustc implementation of components of wget2 if not all of it (#551)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 16:20:36 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

So, a good first read on this is
https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2020/10/09/rust-in-curl-with-hyper/. Many parts
apply in similar ways to wget2/wget2/libwget.

Then keep in mind that rust is more of a C++ replacement. Other modern and
memory safe languages that possibly that we should have a look into are vlang,
zig and nim. Maybe there are other not on my radar.

But yeah, given some months of free time, I'd possible start rewriting wget2 in
a different language.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/551#note_539387263