wget-dev

Re: wget2 | GSoC 2020: Ideas (#515)

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: wget2 | GSoC 2020: Ideas (#515)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 20:21:58 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

Idea: Support for multipart/form-data ([RFC
2388](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2388), obsoleted by [RFC
7578](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7578))

Currently, we have a very limited support of uploading files via POST request.
To use `--post-file` you have to manually prepare the file as
`multipart/form-data`.

What we need is a set of properly crafted command line options and a new API
(or functions) to generate MIME encoding. Curl does it pretty good, IMO - and
mimicking the options of such a widespread tool isn't a shame. See curl's `-F,
--form <name=content>` for more information
[link](https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html).

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/515#note_272144311