wget-dev

wget2 | Thread safety issues (#491)

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: wget2 | Thread safety issues (#491)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 16:11:21 +0000

Tim Rühsen created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/491

We use several (possible) thread unsafe functions in `libwget/` (nl_langinfo,
strerror, getenv, getuid). We should move those outside the library, remove or
replace them appropriately.

Also should we check such usage in `src/` and move them outside the threaded
code.

`readdir` is thread-safe in glibc (at least in the way we use it).

There is a script attached to check for unsafe functions. For more details:
https://blog.josefsson.org/2009/06/23/thread-safe-functions/

[find_thread_unsafe](/uploads/92a581ec6993d0f02a081f4945ee2e11/find_thread_unsafe)

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/491