wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Finish the wolfSSL backend (#479)

From: Ander Juaristi
Subject: Re: wget2 | Finish the wolfSSL backend (#479)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 15:35:00 +0000

Ander Juaristi commented:

Hi @archit-p

@rockdaboot started it. You can find it in file
[ssl_wolfssl.c](https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/blob/master/libwget/ssl_wolfssl.c).
 I looked at it briefly a couple of times, but haven't tried it. Everything I
know is that it compiles without errors (you can enable it with `./configure
--with-ssl=wolfssl`).

To the best of my knowledge, basic SSL/TLS is working, maybe Tim can say a bit
more. I don't know if session resumption is implemented, but if it's not, I
would start from there as that's arguably the most important feature of TLS.

Then, as the description says, OCSP, OCSP stapling and HPKP need to be
implemented. HPKP is quite easy to get done, but it's not the most important
thing, as very few sites use it. OCSP and OCSP stapling are more important. You
could work on them. I am close to finishing my OCSP implementation in the
OpenSSL backend and I can tell you it's not trivial at all. Harder than it
seems at first sight. But do not hesitate to ask me if you get stuck.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/479#note_235994492