wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Add FTP & FTPS support (#3)

From: Gatak
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Add FTP & FTPS support (#3)
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 09:41:47 +0000

Gatak commented:

I suppose there is merit to this. But it would mean changing a lot of sites
which will take time. Also, it would prevent adoption of Wget2 as a
drop-in-solution. If it isn't then I fear that the old Wget-1 will simply
remain for a long time.

Worth mentioning is that many projects that do use FTP also use internal
checksums to verify any downloaded files. Especially projects using public
mirrors since there is no other way to ensure the integrity of the files.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/3#note_213863823