wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Unknown option '--rejected-log' (#435)

From: Rohan Fletcher
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Unknown option '--rejected-log' (#435)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 20:37:18 +0000

I think the biggest issue here is the inconsistency between listed arguments in
the [user manual](https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/blob/master/docs/wget2.md)
and arguments implemented in the code. The user looks at the manual and thinks,
"Hey I can use that", then gets confused when there is an Unknown Option error.

I don't personally care about the lack of this feature - the csv tricks
@rockdaboot has specified give a more powerful mechanism to use.

I understand that one of the goals of the project is to maintain backward
compatibility with wget.

Would it be acceptable to mark unimplemented arguments somehow in the user
manual as unimplemented?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/435#note_164993709