wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | WIP: Implemented limit-rate feature (!420)

From: Rohan Fletcher
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | WIP: Implemented limit-rate feature (!420)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 20:55:12 +0000

The code should execute regardless of limit-rate - the issue is still present
without the limit-rate, only less noticeable because you are travelling at
lightspeed.

The diff switched the statements around, so let me clarify.

The ring looks like this originally:
```
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
```

After one call it looks like this
```
[ ][x][ ][ ][ ]
```

The next call it looks like this
```
[ ][x][x][ ][ ]
```

Before my MR it would wait until it had filled all slots before calculating
speed using the oldest and the newest values - this is why it was taking so
long to generate the first value
```
to  from -------> wrapped
[x][x][x][x][x]
```

After my MR it would wait until it had filled two slots - which is enough to
calculate a speed measurement
```
 from->to

 from--->to

 from------>to
```
You are right though - the working out of the next index could be better. I
will fix it and resubmit.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/420#note_162774827