wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | WIP: Implemented limit-rate feature (!420)

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | WIP: Implemented limit-rate feature (!420)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 11:02:08 +0000

Good work, Rohan ! I tested it and it works pretty well :-)

Just a few points to discuss / to do:

- This is non-trivial work, so you have to sign the FSF Copyright Assignment.
I'll send you the needed form.
- Please remove the TODO line. Either open a separate issue for it, or just
let's wait until someone needs that feature and opens an issue. From my
experience, TODOs and FIXMEs in comments never get worked on.
- Having a low rate like `--limit-rate=2k` together with `--progress=bar`
reveals a little issue with the KB/s display of the progress bar. It only
starts to update after ~100k. Maybe you can address that within your MR (a
second commit for that is fine).
- The docs give an example of `=2.5k`, which gives me an error. Would be good
to have this working.
- Please amend the commit message to GNU style (see git log for examples and
just ask if something is unclear)

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/420#note_162727496