wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | GSoC 2019 Ideas (#426)

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | GSoC 2019 Ideas (#426)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:53:16 +0000

No, there's quite a mess from the last year. Some of the stats code really
needs a rewrite.

I like the idea of adding interesting plugins. We should ideally have a
separate repo for plugins from which a user can download and install the ones
they want.

For a malware scanner, I don't think a specific plugin is required. Just a
plugin that makes it simple to run an executable for each downloaded file. Then
the user can send it to clamav or whatever they want.

I really like the idea of having libwget working on native Android. How it's CI
should fit it, I do not know. But I completely support that idea.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/426#note_133355172