wget-dev

[Wget-dev] wget2 | make check fails w/ gnulib installed in /usr/share (#

From: Michael A. Peters
Subject: [Wget-dev] wget2 | make check fails w/ gnulib installed in /usr/share (#421)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 05:25:45 +0000

New Issue was created.

Issue 421: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/421
Author:    Michael A. Peters
Assignee:

After several tests pass, make check dies -

    make  check-local
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/alice/rpmbuild/BUILD/wget2-20181221'
    /bin/sh: line 4: cd: ./gnulib/lib: No such file or directory
    Can't open ./gnulib/lib/intprops.h: No such file or directory.
    maint.mk: found trailing blank(s)
    make[3]: *** [sc_trailing_blank] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [check-local] Error 2

I have gnulib installed in /usr/share/gnulib and am invoking the bootstrap via

    sed -i
's|gnulib_tool=$GNULIB_SRCDIR/gnulib-tool.py|gnulib_tool=/usr/bin/gnulib-tool|'
bootstrap
    sed -i 's|doc/INSTALL||' bootstrap
    ./bootstrap --gnulib-srcdir=/usr/share/gnulib --no-git --skip-po
--no-bootstrap-sync

It seems the test assumes a local bootstrap even though I specified it is
elsewhere.
The file it wants exists as `/usr/share/gnulib/lib/intprops.h`

I'm using gnulib from 2018-07-20

My internet is through phone hotspot and is slow, system installed gnulib
really is only way for me.

-=-

wget2 itself works beautifully, at least the few manual tests I've done with it
:)

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/421