wget-dev

[Wget-dev] wget2 | "convert-links" option destroys files whenever there

From: rgpublic
Subject: [Wget-dev] wget2 | "convert-links" option destroys files whenever there is a link to the homepage on the page (#411)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 18:09:50 +0000

New Issue was created.

Issue 411: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/411
Author:    rgpublic
Assignee:

I've setup a very simple test site. Now, when I run:
`
wget2 --recursive --convert-links "https://wgetbug.planwerk6.de";
`
I get destroyed code in the downloaded "index.html":
`
<!DOCTYPE html>
    <a
href="https://wgetbug.planwerk6.de/index.html";><https://wgetbug.planwerk6.de/img
 src="home.png" /></a>
`
As you can see, the img tag is destroyed, because an absolute URL is inserted
before it at a seemingly random position. If the HTML page is even longer, you
somehow find URLs randomly sprinkled all over the downloaded page.

If you need any more information on this issue, please let me know. Please bear
with me - it's my first wget bug report.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/411