wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Fix progress display (issue #339) (!391)

From: Josef Möllers
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Fix progress display (issue #339) (!391)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 08:43:15 +0000

Josef Möllers commented on a discussion on libwget/bar.c:

>       _bar_slot_t *slotp = &bar->slots[slot];
>
>       xfree(slotp->filename);
> -     slotp->filename = wget_strdup(filename);
> +     if (++slotp->numfiles == 1) {
> +         slotp->filename = wget_strdup(filename);
> +         slotp->bytes_downloaded = 0;
> +     } else {
> +         char tag[128];

As to the 128 bytes: it's a local variable that will be thrown off the stack
when the function finishes, but, agreed, it's overkill. I'll change that to 20.
As to the snprintf into the existing buffer: how big is THAT? (snprintf wants
to know) and is it guaranteed to be big enough to hold "xx files"?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/391#note_95081143