wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | --verify-sig should not error out if no signature

From: Neil Locketz
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | --verify-sig should not error out if no signature found (#338)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 00:39:27 +0000

So I have a functioning solution. Unfortunately there is emergent behavior with
the `--signature-extensions` flag since it requests files with all of those
extensions. Now that the default for `--verify-sig` is to `fail`, at least one
of the possible signature extensions will probably fail, causing the whole
thing to fail even when one of the extensions does in fact exist. Switching to
`no-fail` makes it work, but this feels a bit gross since someone might care
about none of them existing, but not care if only one exists.

I'm thinking about switching extension resolution to happen serially, one after
another, and they each have knowledge of any remaining possible extensions, so
they can know if all possibilities have been exhausted. Obviously there is the
downside that it has to go through the request process one possible extensions
at a time, but it would at least produce a more logically consistent result.

What are your thoughts?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/338#note_75260991