viewmail-info

Re: [VM] how to get latest version of VM?

From: Reinhard Kotucha
Subject: Re: [VM] how to get latest version of VM?
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 23:53:30 +0200

On 2019-09-02 at 11:05:18 +0100, Uday Reddy wrote:

 > Please see the web page,
 >
 >   http://www.nongnu.org/viewmail/
 >
 > which also points to the launchpad hosting site.
 >
 > The latest unofficial release is 8.2.0b, which you can download
 > from launchpad. If that doesn't work with Emacs 26, you would need
 > to get the trunk. Please see the README file in the VM distribution
 > for how to get it.  You can also download a tarball from the
 > launchpad.
 >
 > You haven't said which version you are currently using. If you jump
 > too many versions at one go, you will likely see surprises. It is
 > best to upgrade one version at a time.

Hi Uday,
I used 8.2.0b and assumed that there is a newer release because I
didn't care for years.

However, I'm now writing this mail with emacs-26.3 and the latest vm
from the launchpad bzr repository.  Seems that it works.

Thanks,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:address@hidden