viewmail-info

Re: [VM] vm-included-text-attribution-format and CC line

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] vm-included-text-attribution-format and CC line
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:09:48 +0100

Kyle Farrell writes:

> First off, here is the Outlook attribution format:

The included-text-attribution-format was never meant for producing elaborate
headers.

Why don't you use vm-included-text-headers, which is what is meant for doing
this kind of thing?

In any case, in the trunk version of VM, I have stripped out the CC
recipients from %t and %T specifiers, and added new specifiers %r and %R for
all recipients.  There are independent reasons for doing this change.  (I
think that in the old days, there weren't enough fields in the cached data
header to keep 'to' recipients separately.  It was an unnecessary
limitation.)

Cheers,
Uday