viewmail-info

[VM] Key bindings from presentation buffer reappears in the reply

From: Göran Uddeborg
Subject: [VM] Key bindings from presentation buffer reappears in the reply
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:10:37 +0000 (UTC)

This feels like a bug to me, and i can report it in launchpad.  But
just to make sure I don't misunderstand something, I wanted to check
here first.

When a mail contains URL:s there is some special key bindings at the
URL text.  E.g., if I type return in the text, I visit the page.

When I do vm-reply-include-text, it appears this keymap is applied
also to the reply to be edited.  If I happen to type return inside the
URL when editing the reply, I will go to that URL rather than insert a
newline as I would have expected.  I think I've been hit by other keys
behaving in unexpected ways too, though I'm not sure.

As an example, put the file below in a file.  Do vm-visit-folder on
the file.  Hit "R" (vm-reply-include-text).  Move the cursor over the
URL.  Hit RET.  I would expect an return character inserted.  But
instead my firefox tries to open the URL.

This is with vm 8.2.0b and emacs 21.4.