viewmail-info

[VM] Beginner VM questions

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [VM] Beginner VM questions
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 22:46:53 -0400

I used VM with POP3 a number of years ago, but now I'm trying to use it with IMAP, and have forgotten so much that I'm essentially a beginner again. So my apologies for using GMail for this.

1) How can I send messages? I've tried 'm' and M-x vm-mail, but I just get the error: Symbol's function is void: vm-select-recipient-from-sender

2) I have a slew of IMAP folders. Is there a way to set VM up to automatically check for new mail in all folders? A way to jump from folder to folder with unread mail? Should they all go in the vm-imap-server-list, even though they're on the same server?

3) Can I go from IMAP folder to IMAP folder without leaving a trail of open Summary and Presentation buffers?

Thanks!
-pd

--
----