viewmail-info

Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:27:42 +0100

Lewis Perin writes:

> At this point, would it be appropriate to file a bug on the Launchpad
> site?

The best way to file bug reports is to use M-x vm-submit-bug-report.  But
the bug-report function normally doesn't include "private information" in
your settings, such as logins.  So, you might need to add them manually.

The only problem you seem to have at the moment is that the login didn't
work.  So, that is what you need to check.

> I’ve appended my current .vm in case anyone wants to find a flaw I’ve
> missed:
>
> ;;;;;; start of .vm
>
> (setq vm-imap-account-alist
>       '(
>         ("imap-ssl:imap.gmail.com:993:*:login:address@hidden:*" "Gmail")
>         ("imap-ssl:owa.myschool.edu:993:*:login:address@hidden:*" "Cornell
> IMAP")
>         )
>      )

The login should be whatever your IMAP server wants you to use.  It seems to
unlikely that they want you to use something like "address@hidden".  You
should check the documentation you have been given for your IMAP server.

Cheers,
Uday