viewmail-info

Re: [VM] FCC to IMAP folders

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] FCC to IMAP folders
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:06:44 +0100

Matthew Vernon writes:

> > It looks like you are depending on the mail-mode for inserting the From
> > header.  If you set `vm-mail-header-from' then VM will insert it ahead of
> > time, and it will go into IMAP-FCC.
>
> Ah, thanks. I don't suppose I can set From: based on the IMAP server I'm
> visiting, can I? [obviously I can edit the composition buffer ;) ]

I use VM-Pcrisis to set the From header, based on the headers of the
incoming message.  See the recent discussion on VM-Pcrisis, around 23
December 2011.

I haven't thought about how to set the From header based on the IMAP
server.  If the headers-matching isn't enough we can think about it.

Cheers,
Uday