viewmail-info

Re: [VM] multipart messages

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] multipart messages
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:42:20 +0000

Ralf Fassel writes:

> Related topic: is there a way to temporarily display the 'other' part of
> a multipart/alternative message?  Some MUAs are too dumb to include
> common parts like PDFs or pictures in a way that both text/plain and
> text/html see them -- they are only present in text/html.  While I have
> set VM to always display text/plain, sometimes I'd like to see the
> 'other' part as well.  Currently I toggle via 'D' to see whether the
> HTML part has more to offer...

I actually use toggling function that alternates between the various
options.

(defun vm-alternatives ()
  "Toggle MIME alternatives"
  (interactive)
  (cond ((eq vm-mime-alternative-select-method 'best-internal)
         (setq vm-mime-alternative-select-method 'best)
         (vm-scroll-forward)
         (message "Showing best alternatives"))
        ((eq vm-mime-alternative-select-method 'best)
         (setq vm-mime-alternative-select-method 'all)
         (vm-scroll-forward)
         (message "Showing all alternatives"))
        ((eq vm-mime-alternative-select-method 'all)
         (setq vm-mime-alternative-select-method 'best-internal)
         (vm-scroll-forward)
         (message "Showing best internal alternatives"))
        ))

Cheers,
Uday