viewmail-info

[VM] virtual folder problem: getting new mail

From: Julian Bradfield
Subject: [VM] virtual folder problem: getting new mail
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:47:01 +0000

In 8.2.0b (well, actually revision 1310 to deal with the previous
bug), virtual folders don't play well with new mail.

My standard folder is a virtual folder INBOX, which is the
concatenation of the real folders INBOX-lessnew, INBOX-new, and
INBOX-newest.
New mail arrives in INBOX-newest, which is the primary inbox.

In 8.1.1, everything works.

In 8.2.0, when I hit  g  in the INBOX summary, instead of just getting
the new mail, VM also switches to the INBOX-newest folder summary and
shows it there.
(I note that VM has created summaries for each of the real folders,
which it doesn't do in 8.1.1. I didn't ask it to!)